Click HERE to recapitulate what was discussed on our live webinar.
Employers have been increasingly utilizing online job boards and employer websites to fill job openings. This report analyzes the online demand for college talent in the job market to find the most in-demand jobs in various occupational fields.
The Online College Labor Market finds that:
- More than 80 percent of job openings for workers with a bachelor’s degree or higher are advertised online, compared to only 50 percent of job openings for workers with less education.
- Sixty-one percent of online job openings for college grads are in white-collar professional occupations (33%) and STEM (28%) occupations, which together account for 1.1 million job openings advertised online.
- The most in-demand white-collar professional jobs are: accountants and auditors (49,000 ads) and medical/health services managers (47,000 ads).
- The most in-demand STEM jobs advertised online are: applications software developers (125,000 ads) and computer systems analysts (48,000 ads).
- Within the healthcare sector, registered nurses are the most in-demand. There are 50,000 job ads for nurses with a Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing (B.S.N.) degree.