The Georgetown University Center on Education and the Workforce offers career opportunities and internship (research associate) positions when vacancies arise.
Social Media Marketing Specialist
CEW seeks a Social Media Marketing Specialist to apply marketing expertise to enhance CEW’s communications efforts via social media. The Social Media Marketing Specialist will have substantial involvement in the strategy and content development for CEW’s social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn. The specialist will be responsible for creating, posting, monitoring, and analyzing daily content that promotes CEW’s research. The specialist must be proficient with distilling complex material into bite-sized, engaging written and visual content.
This position functions as a critical member of the communications team, and as such, candidates should be strong writers with keen attention to detail. The specialist will check accuracy of content with subject matter experts and finalize written content in accordance with CEW’s writing style, format, fonts, etc. The specialist must have proficiency with basic graphic design principles and a strong working knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator to create graphics for social media posts. The specialist must also be fluent in email marketing programs such as Mailchimp and have the ability to design and disseminate newsletters and e-blasts.
Additional responsibilities include: reporting on communications efforts, writing and drafting pieces for CEW’s newsletter, writing promotional content for e-blasts, basic webpage content posting, occasional blog writing and publishing, and other ad-hoc requests.
The position is required to work regular hours. The position requires a positive and flexible attitude, strong oral and written communications skills, careful judgment, flexibility, efficiency, and the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines for a wide variety of assignments.
The Social Media Marketing Specialist will report to the Senior Communications Manager and coordinate activities such as the social media editorial calendar, writing/editing content for a variety of platforms, designing promotional kits and graphics, and other material. The specialist will join a team of three plus seasonal interns: a Senior Communications Manager, a Strategic Communications Specialist, and a Graphic Design & Multimedia Specialist.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, marketing, or related field
- A minimum of three years of progressive experience with social media platforms and analytics
- Must have strong organizational skills and ability to summarize data and prioritize work
- The candidate must possess a strong work ethic, exhibit excellent time-management skills, be highly detail-oriented, and a self-starter
- The ideal candidate will also have strong communication, organizational skills, a creative eye, and an ability to think critically and summarize data
- Knowledge of social media monitoring tools and Mailchimp is highly weighted