From Hard Times To Better Times
In this third installment of Hard Times, we update our previous analyses of college majors, unemployment, and earnings over the Great Recession. While there is wide variation by college majors, hard times have become better times for most college graduates, but the recovery is far from complete.
Watch as Anthony Carnevale demonstrates the power of a college major by revealing the earnings and unemployment rate by college major in this short video.
The video also shows:
- Even during the recession, a college degree is still worth it.
- Decreasing unemployment rates among recent college graduates.
In this report we find that recent college graduates in almost every major are more likely to be employed than mid-career high school graduates.
The report also finds:
- College remains very much worth the cost in the post-recession economy .
- Unemployment rates for recent college graduates are the lowest for agricultural and natural resource majors.
- Recent college graduates majoring in arts, psychology, and social work are among the lowest paying majors.